In carrying out its mission, the BCGCD conducts research in groundwater availability, quality, and use in Brazoria County, and develops approaches for addressing any identified issues before they become problems. The BCGCD addresses issues in the following areas:
- The most efficient use of the groundwater resources of Brazoria County;
- Control and prevention of subsidence in the county;
- Control and prevention of waste of groundwater;
- Use of surface water and groundwater over the next 50 years;
- Natural resource issues that affect the use and availability of groundwater;
- Drought conditions; and
- Groundwater conservation.